Calling All Content Creators!! Are you looking to expand your audience while further developing your skills as a content creator? Writing Elite has an awesome volunteer opportunity for you. So whether your looking to build on your content portfolio as a fresh content creator, or an experienced creator looking to develop other skills that would be useful. Apply and become part of the Writing Elite team.
Why Volunteer with us?
When writing this volunteer posting, we took a moment to think about what we are asking people to do. Especially during the times we are currently challenged with. The honest truth more people are looking to secure paid work, rather than volunteer. So, if you’ve read this far; you’ll be happy to know your potential hard work we’ve got some great things in store for you.
- An opportunity to beef up your portfolio. – I know that doesn’t sound like much, but if your are changing careers or just starting out it can be difficult to find work without a portfolio or clips to impress.
- Access to premium resources at a discount.
- These positions won’t stay volunteer roles for long! – While we are currently only bringing on volunteers, we are growing as a start-up, and expect many of our current volunteer roles to become paid staff roles in the near future.
We are currently in of filling the following volunteer positions:
Writing Elite is in need of 5 volunteer Content Writers to create content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.To be successful as a content writer, you should keep abreast of the latest SEO techniques. Ultimately, a top-performing Content Writer should be able to contribute to the development of strategies that will increase reader engagement.
Content Writer Responsibilities:
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company’s current content.
Content Writer Requirements:
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- A portfolio of published articles.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective communication skills.
We’re looking for two dynamic and creative volunteer Junior Copywriters, to assist our editors in planning and creating the bulk of our marketing copy, you must be comfortable with:
- Writing and proofreading blog posts about our products and services
- Creating promotional text for online ads, banners, brochures and social networks
- Conducting basic SEO and keyword research
As a volunteer Junior Copywriter with Writing Elite responsibilities include conducting SEO and keyword research, updating product descriptions and writing promotional text for banners and online ads. If you have a flair for words, copywriting samples and a professional or academic background in Marketing, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help boost our brand awareness through creating engaging online content.
- Write and proofread blog posts about our company’s products and services
- Create promotional text for online ads, banners, brochures and social networks
- Conduct basic keyword research
- Submit well-structured drafts to senior copywriters and editors within deadlines
- Update existing content on our web pages
- Participate in email marketing campaigns
- Implement SEO practices to increase blog posts’ visibility
- Interview internal team members (e.g. product developers and salespeople) to learn about product features
- Coordinate with designers to complement text with images, graphics and charts, as needed
- Work experience as a Junior Copywriter or similar role
- Copywriting samples; a portfolio of published articles is a plus
- An ability to describe product features in a creative and informative way
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Basic knowledge of SEO and keyword research tools (e.g. Keyword Planner and Moz)
- Familiarity with social media for business
- Solid time-management skills
While we prefer you to have a BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field; it’s not required. We’ll also be looking to bring on one or both Junior Copywriters as staff within 6 – 9 months pending a performance review.
We are seeking 2 motivated and savvy volunteer Copy Editors to oversee our content editing needs in a fast-paced work environment. You will work with a team of writers and designers to curate compelling and accurate content for our organization. Your primary duties will include following a content strategy, proofreading and editing, and collaborating with co-workers to deliver quality projects on time.
To excel in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A high school diploma, GED, or degree up to a Bachelor’s degree in English or related field is a must.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press or Chicago Style.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to the in-house style guide.
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines, and straplines
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Collaborate with team to come up with fresh and creative ideas, keeping audience in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of the latest media trends and content best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.
This role will be perfect for the blogger that has 3 years experience managing their own blog or as a content writer (or editor) for another. We are looking for strong writers that can produce content with a quick turn around. with a working knowledge of SEO best practices, a passion for writing and willingness to chime in with creative ideas. Copy Editors are free to volunteer as much as they like, and we expect to retain our copy editors as paid staff possibly January 2022.
Junior Social Media Manager (Facebook)
We are searching for a talented volunteer Junior Social Media manager to represent our company by building a social media presence for our brands. The social media manager will work with the social media manager to run advertising campaigns and drive engagement by creating high-quality original content. You should also engage influencers, manage our community by responding to comments, and ensure quality customer service across all platforms.
To be successful as a volunteer social media manager, you should possess a working understanding of pertinent marketing for social media along with 1 – 2 years experience either for a client brand or brand of your own.
Here’s an idea of what you’ll be doing as a Junior Social Media Manager with Writing Elite.
- Post monthly company social media advertising campaigns on a weekly basis.
- Be willing to pitch ideas for high-quality novel written and visual content for each social media campaign.
- Assist in building a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
- Monitor the company’s brand on social media.
- Build brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers.
- Manage our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
- Respond to comments on assigned social media accounts.
- Be familiar with analyzing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
- Be a social media guru, willing to coach employees company-wide on content creation best practices (… this is the part where you brag about yourself 🤙🏾🤪).
Social Media Manager Requirements:
- At least 2 years social media marketing experience
- Experience developing social media strategies.
- Experience in, or be willing to learn how to develop a marketing plan.
- Ability to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
- You’re willing to jump into the lion’s den and help us build on our social media communities.
- A basic understanding of graphic design principles.
- While not required, we give bonus points if you have experience as a Brand Manager on social media.
- Be willing to measure the success of campaigns.
If any of these positions caught your eye, and you are interest click here to fill out a brief application. If you feel you’re a match but don’t have all of the qualifications we are looking for, don’t worry; apply anyway and we’ll review what qualifications you do have.